Fed up of beans on toast and chip butties, too lazy to follow a complicated recipe and not earning enough to buy top notch spices, sauces and all ready made, quality meals? Don’t be embarrassed – we’ve all worn that t-shirt at some point in our lives. Some of us never grow out of it. But there is a solution. Imagine being able to cook an easy meal with basic ingredients.
Eggs, cheese, milk, butter/ olive oil and salt
1) Crack the eggs into a glass mixing bowl or if you don’t have that you can use a cup or a small plastic/ wooden bowl.
2) Beat the eggs until they go a pale yellow colour.
3) Add milk into the bowl with your eggs and mix it together.
4) If you wish to, sprinkle salt into the bowl with your eggs and milk.
5) Put a sauce-pan over your hob on medium heat, add butter/olive oil to the pan.
6) Once butter has melted pour in milk and egg mix into your saucepan.
7) Leave to cook for five minutes – you will know it’s ready as it will start to look like a pancake.
8) While it the omelette is cooking grate some cheese.
9) Turn the omelette over with a spatula so it’s cooked on both sides.
10) Once the omelette is cooked sprinkle your grated cheese on to the top of the omelette.
This is a basic recipe for soup.
All you need is 3 pints of water, 1 onion, 1 oxo cube, garlic clove any vegetables you’ve got in the fridge.
1) Peal and chop the onion and garlic.
2) Add the pealed and chopped onion and garlic into a deep pan with a slash of oil.
3) When the onion looks cooked add one oxo cube and some salt into the deep pan.
4) Now start thowing eveything else in that you have (tinned or fresh it makes no difference, though at this stage ive found its best to avoid cheese or things that stick to the pan too much it doesnt ruin the recipe but its a bugger to chip it off the pan later.)
5) When you’ve run out of ingredients turn the heat down and add water.
6) Leave to simmer on a low heat for about 1 hour.
7) After it has cooked for 1 hour taste to make sure it’s ready for serving.
And there’s two great simple, recipes that you can use time and time again.
If you have a recipe that you would like to share, please comment on my blog and I will add it to the post.